What is English 111?
The first, foundational course in the Composition program focuses on helping students with writing process knowledge and rhetorical knowledge as students explore the components of the writing process, reflect on their own processes, and practice writing about familiar topics to familiar audiences.
In English 111, students will acquire and develop the ability to:
- Develop ideas
- Understand the writing of others
- Integrate their own ideas with those of others in writing
- Use comments of others to revise their writing
- Control surface features such as syntax, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Write about the strengths and weakness of their own reading and writing processes
–> Return to the home page of the General Education and Composition Program.