Completing a major, minor, or collateral in English equips you with skills needed in today’s global economy and challenging labor market. Taking courses in addition to Composition I, Composition II, and Writing for the Disciplines helps further improve your ability to:
- Organize thoughts, ideas, and materials
- Analyze texts and interpret their meaning
- Argue positions effectively
- Write in an articulate manner
- Research and explain the results
- Think creatively
English majors have a variety of fulfilling career opportunities at their disposal. Fields as diverse as advertising, corporate/technical communications, government, marketing, mass media, public relations, and publishing all employ English majors. For more information, please meet with an English Faculty Adviser.