The English Department at FMU welcomes submissions to our blog from FMU students, faculty, and alumni. We’d especially like to hear from those who have completed or are enrolled in our courses. Possible topics include:
- Testimonials about the importance of English Studies to your academic or professional career. How has FMU English Studies helped you to excel?
- Reflections on your engagement with the department. Have a memorable experience in your English class? Did you attend the Pee Dee Fiction and Poetry Festival, study literature abroad, got to a conference, or complete a professional writing internship? Tell us about it.
- Tips for students. What advice can you offer current or prospective English majors or minors?
- Reviews of books, films, and other media. What have you read or watched recently that has piqued your interest–or not?
- Short narratives about coming to understand a challenging literary trope, rhetorical figure, or argumentative fallacy.
- Brief responses to arguments you read or hear in the popular media, especially if they might be relevant to those taking classes with the department.
For publication consideration, send submissions as a Word attachment or Google Doc to Dr. Rubens, the blog administrator, at a r u b e n s [at] f m a r i o n [dot] e d u.
Note: We regret that we cannot publish creative works such as poetry or fiction; FMU students interested in publication venues for their creative writing should contact the editor of the Snow Island Review.